Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Idol - i - tree

I just finished watching my very first episode of American Idol.  I have to admit, it is something I have had no interest in whatsoever.  PEOPLE are PASSIONATE about it.  I wanted to watch it tonight because my client's niece is on there.  She's the one from Sandy, Utah that sang the Corinne Bailey Rae song.  Megan Joy, I think.  Well, here it goes....

I liked it.  

I NEVER watch T.V., the occasional golf game on Sunday, I think the last thing I actually sat down to watch was the Olympics.  I really kind of enjoyed how talented, yet not so talented everyone was.  I could actually see why people get into it.  Perhaps I will watch it again next week.         Perhaps.

2 favorite comments of the night, though, and they didn't come from that Simon guy.  One was from Nick, our 6 year old (after Simon makes a particularly mean comment to one of the performers):

"He's mean......can we fight him?  I would like to fight him."

The other was from Allie, our 4 year old:

"When I am on that show, will you vote for me?"

Of course, sweets.  As soon as I figure out how to vote.

3 comments:

kara jayne said...

We are not big T.V. people either, but this is the first season we have used the DVR for Idol. I must admit that I love it. Last night was a bit of a bomb in my opinion, but I did like that Megan girl....if she would just stop doing that shaky dance thing.

Anyway, your kids comments were hilarious. Can't wait to hear your opinions throughout the season.

Jessica said...

LOL, Nick's got it right. Simon is mean. I didn't watch last night, but I hear Megan did a great job. I hope she gets through.

JDM said...

Speaking of music we all just missed this.
http://www.lennonbus.org/
It was just in O town about a week ago.
Maybe next year.