Saturday, April 04, 2009

Artism

When I was growing up, if someone said the word "Autistic" I thought perhaps that they meant something else.

Like Maybe they were from New England and were saying that they were "Ahtistic" like you would hear someone at the museum say, "You know, that Van Gogh was pretty Ahtistic." Like "wicked scaaf".

As you grow older I think that you learn the hard way sometimes what words mean. You can also learn that words can mean the same thing.

I would say that Nick is Artistic.

He loves to draw. He loves to read. He loves, more recently, to write books.

I have scanned in his latest publication.

It's titled The Kingdom of Doom. (I apologize for the gratuitous violence.)




















Moral of the story? Life starts out pretty wonderful. Sure you may run into a few challenges, but in the end you feel so good about things, you're even able to share a little wink.

6 comments:

syd_elise said...

That was soo much better than I could do. Nick is really talented! I hope you are proud. :)

Jess said...

What a wonderful story! I hope we can all "get the bad guys" and come out on top in the end.

Jessica said...

Artistic indeed! Good story--I'm glad the good guy won. :)

meagan said...

That is totally cute! Oh, and let me just make the comment that I don't understand why people think British accents are sexy, including me, because really, all they're doing is not saying their R's. Those crazy Brits!

JDM said...

I like the ending.
I always like when the bad guy gets the old switcheroo.

Anonymous said...

Pretty astute I'd say. I've always thought Nick has special gifts, not only his art work but his insight into many things. See, he knows the good guys will win in the end. The last page is so Nick. He is the ultimate good guy. He almost always has a smile and a wink.
Love mom