Sunday, April 26, 2009

Able Baker Charlie


I have no idea why I was so excited to bake this cake.  

But I was.

I saw it and got totally enamored with the idea of creating something that was signaled summer to me.  Fresh limes, blueberries; goodness me it looked like it should have been a June wedding dress.

I dunno, maybe I am showing my vulnerabilities.  My softer underbelly.

Or it could be that making pastries like this are contributing to that softer underbelly.

I gotta get a new hobby.

By the way, it's no secret that I have at one time stored old Cooking Light magazines in my home.  Like something you expect to see when clearing out an old widows home wondering why she kept all those Good Housekeeping and Women's Day magazines stacked next to her couch.

Recently, however, I streamlined my sickness.

I cut out the one's I thought looked the easiest, the most likely that our children would eat.

So now all the single pages are up in our cook book cupboard.

Just so that you don't have to sift through it all, HERE is the recipe.  

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Woah! Makes me want to go through MY stack of those magazines again!

By the way, nice presentation! Reminds me of ms wilson's 'grape cake'!

Jess said...

Looks fabulous! Have I mentioned we like cake? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW that looks like the cover shot of cooking not so light.
I knew those paper cupcake cups filled with chocolate syrup in the freezer ( your first creation ) would lead to something GRANDER! You could always make the best pie crust in the house.
Mom

Jessica said...

Ah man, next time you decide to back, CALL! Baby and I will gladly make the drive for that goodness. That is one seriously gorgeous cake.

Girlly said...

ok i will make this short............................................. YUMMMMMMMMYYYYY