Sunday, March 08, 2009

Visiting the Zoo

The cabin.

It is a wonderful, magical place.  

But when it is filled with 10 kids under 13, it becomes so much more than that.

It becomes a zoo.  

I'm thinking more of the gorilla display as opposed to the exotic bird house.

We had an incredibly fun time, the boys were, well.....boys.  Brayden's 12th birthday celebration.  Tons of food, candy, playstation, and what could eventually become an Olympic sport - the boys invented Worm Wars.  

This is played by getting into your sleeping bag and wrestling with all the other kids, who are also in their sleeping bags.  

I think the last time I went out of our room to encourage the kids to quiet down, it was 12:43 AM.  

So, really, it was a scout camp without the merit badges.

I think my second favorite moment of the night was when Jodi asked if boys that age are aware that they smell that way and make those noises.  

I laughed, then I said, "Smell what way?"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, you guys know how to throw a party! Sounds like an awesome birthday!

Anonymous said...

That sweaty boy smell... begins in about 4th grade. I remember it well
in the halls at school. that's why I taught kindergarten!! Also I think
belching and farting are a merit badge now... if not I think they should be. every boy would qualify.
Sounds like you all had a great time.
Mom 2