Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Kid and A Man


How did this happen?  He's still a kid, but today my oldest son turned 12.  All of a sudden he's one of us.  I can't believe it.  (Cliche warning)  It all happened to fast.  One minute he was a little boy with food all over his face on his birthday.  Now he is a young man with food all over his face on his birthday.  I would tell you, but you would not believe it.

It all started when he did that dang lip sync.

He changed.  He became someone we haven't seen.  I believe that he was one boy who needed a miracle to become a man, in a broad sense.  And I think if I look back at that day and since, that was it.  He's happier, he's confident, he's excited about life.  It is so wonderful to see.  

Welcome Brayden, to the other side of childhood.  Now the journey really begins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be an exciting journey and as a parent a joy to watch (of course theres bound to be a few bumps). He's going to do great things. He has a terrific example to follow. He's developed some of your eating habits I see... Mom

kara jayne said...

you wouldn't think it would...but that post made me cry...seriously.

matthew_ahern said...

I remember when I was twelve and I finally got to go out to the Priesthood session dinner. Now your a man.

Becky W. said...

He's one of us now!!?? All conversations are open to him now? He'll know all the secrets that adults know? He can now have a legitimate opinion on stuff? He can now roll his eyes at "kid" stuff? Amazing.